Daily Crafting Writs Factory Guide

20 Jan 2019 11:40
Watchdog
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Daily Crafting Writs Factory Guide #120473
After the yesterday's guild chat discussion on the daily writs crafting and earning gold that way I decided to put together a guide on what I call my daily writs crafting factory. :)

I hope that at least some of you will find this little guide useful.
ASSUMED CONDITIONS:

I assume that you own Summerset, so that you have access to Jewelry Crafting, though it is doable without, just for a lower income.
Nevertheless, I do assume that you are ESO+ too, so that you don't have to bother with the nightmare of inventory management without the Crafting Bag.

NOTES ON CRAFTING SKILLS:

Leave the main passives untrained. This is important. I will explain it below in the Rewards section.

On the other hand, taking the passives that allow you to craft multiple food/drink/alchemy items is a good idea to save resources, since pre-crafted items count for the writs, as long as they were crafted by the same character. You will, however, need to train the corresponding crafting skill line.

Hirelings are a good idea too, if you can spare the skill points. Again, you will need to train the corresponding crafting skill line.

I would also recommend unlocking the Treasure Hunter passive perk in the Thief / Shadow tree of the Champion System with your main crafter. The Master Gatherer passive perk in the Thief / Lover tree is also useful, as it saves you half the gathering time when harvesting from nodes.

RESOURCES REQUIRED:

You will need a sort of "entry investment" to give you a pool to draw from.

WOODWORKING, BLACKSMITHING, CLOTHING, JEWELRY CRAFTING:

Maple, Iron, Jute, Rawhide, Pewter. A full stack of each should be more than enough to get your crafting factory started. You can probably start with less.

No trait materials are needed, as traits are not required, however, you will need enough racial style materials, which you can purchase from the NPC crafter merchants.

ENCHANTING:

Jora (Potency) - as many as you can get, as you will need it for every glyph (can be bought from NPC crafter merchants)
Jode (Potency) - often required as the secondary item (can be bought from NPC crafter merchants)

Deni (Essence) - for Stamina glyphs
Makko (Essence) - for Magicka glyphs
Oko (Essence) - for Health glyphs

Ta (Aspect) - as many as you can get, as you will need it for every glyph

Be sure to stop by and harvest any Runestone you come accross while you play in any zone.

PROVISIONING:

As long as you spend some time looting every sack, crate, barrel, basket, etc. everywhere you go, especially while questing or doing delves, you should soon be swimming in provisioning materials.

Recipes required depend on your character's Alliance(*):

Aldmeri Dominion
Baked Potato (1x Potato) AND Red Rye Beer (1x Rye)
Banana Surprise (1x Bananas) AND Four-Eye Grog (1x Wheat)
Chicken Breast (1x Poultry) AND Mazte (1x Rice)

Daggerfall Covenant
Baked Apples (1x Apples) AND Lemon Flower Mazte (1x Rice)
Carrot Soup (1x Carrot) AND Golden Lager (1x Wheat)
Fishy Stick (1x Fish) AND Surilie Syrah Wine (1x Surilie Grapes)

Ebonheart Pact
Chicken Breast (1x Poultry) AND Bog-Iron Ale (1x Yeast)
Grape Preserves (1x Jazbay Grapes) AND Clarified Syrah Wine (1x Surilie Grapes)
Roast Corn (1x Corn) AND Nut Brown Ale (1x Barley)

(*)Data source: en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Provisioner_Writ

ALCHEMY:

Get as many units of the Natural Water solvent as you can. Each potion will require one unit of solvent, which is Natural Water at the lowest tier. For some writs you may actually need four units, one for the potion and then three more. Just be sure to grab any plant and rip the wings of any butterfly you come accross while you play in any zone.

The reagents I use are simply those I somehow find myself having the most of:

Sip of Stamina (Dragonthorn + Mountain Flower)
Sip of Health (Blue Entoloma + Water Hyacinth / Butterfly Wing)
Sip of Magicka (Bugloss + Lady's Smock)
Sip of Ravage Stamina (Fleshy Larva + Emetic Russula / Imp Stool)

For each writ you will also need three units of one of these:
  • Blessed Thistle
  • Corn Flower
  • Natural Water
  • Wormwood
REWARDS:

For delivering each writ you will receive an amount of gold scaled solely according to your character level. At top character level you will get over 4,600 gold per a full round of writs.

You will also get a reward container with random rewards, a depending on your crafting skill passive level and on your character level (1-50). Keeping your passives untrained will mean all rewards will be at the same tier as your crafting writ requirements. Many containers will contain a green shipment of raw crafting materials (4 Pewter Ounces, 20 units of Maple, Iron, Jute, Rawhide and 1 Ounce and 5 units of other resources of a one level higher Tier), some Alchemy and Provisioning materials, one or more empty Soul Gems and a green glyph, deconstruction of which may or may not yield some runes back at random. You may also get a Survey, which is a map to a location with 6 rich resource nodes for a specific crafting skill, giving more materials than the usual nodes, however, I do not think the survey nodes drop furnishing materials, such as Regulus or Mundane Runes. Don't worry, the survey nodes only spawn for you, nobody can "steal" them from you. You may even get a Treasure Map, leading you to an unlocked treasure chest with zone specific loot.

I would recommend banking the surveys and treasure maps for your main crafter, to get the top tier items from them. The resource nodes (survey and default alike) spawn 50% scaled to your character level and 50% scaled to your corresponding crafting skill line main passive. Note, that refining harvested materials yiedls the same rewards regardless of whether you are refining tier I or top tier materials. Always refine with a character trained in the proper extraction passive.

You may get some green and blue food and drink (beverage) recipes as rewards too.

Some of the reward containers will also contain weapons, armour or jewellery, either with the Ornate or Intricate traits. The level of the items will again be 50% scaled to your character level and 50% scaled to your corresponding crafting skill line main passive. Selling the Ornate items will gove you extra gold, while deconstructing the Intricate items will give you some more materials back and it will help you raise the crafting skill line level.

Counting in the gold from Ornate items rewards, the usual total for a level 50 CP 160 character is over 5,000 gold per a full round of writs. Low level alts will give you less, naturally.

PRACTICAL RECOMMENDATIONS:

I found the best zone for this to be Vivec City, as the crafting stations are neatly packed in a tight spot, and there are two bankers in the middle too, plus several guild trader stalls mere metres away.

Consider grabbing the daily writs quests every day, but only doing them every other day, as this will allow you to do two rounds of writs per character at once, which may save you some time. This is the same for any daily repeatables, you can accept the quest one one day, do it the other day, hand it in and then do the same quest again, as you haven't accepted it the other day yet.

I have 11 characters and I use the writ rounds to train their riding skills too, so that when I get to properly playing them, their riding skills will be fully trained. I always leave 500+ gold on each of them after I am done with the double writ round, then I spend 250 gold on the riding skill training, leaving the character next to the trainer. The next day I spend the other 250 gold on the training and ride to grab the daily writs, leaving the character in the middle of the crafting zone. The day after I can immediately start crafting.

As you will need a considerable amount of racial style materials Learning more racial styles may help too, as it makes your baby crafter a little more flexible in case you are out of his or her default style material. I don't have an Orc character, and I am slowly teaching my baby alts the Orc crafting style, one by one, as I come accross the books, using my Manganese supply as a back-up. If you have not decided on your main crafter character yet and you can create an Imperial, I would recommend doing so and making him or her your main crafter, because each character knows their racial style by default and all are quite common and inexpensive blues, however, the Imperial style is a rare and expensive golden item. You may want to unlock the achievement for all racial styles, and this makes Imperial motif free for you.

You can pre-craft the items needed on each character, given that you have the bag space available. See the writ variants below:

Woodworking:

2x Bow + 1x Shield
2x Restoration Staff + 1x Shield
3x Destruction Staff (one of each - Inferno, Frost, Lightning)

Blacksmithing:

Dagger, Helm, Pauldron
Sword, Cuirrass, Greaves
Greatsword, Sabatons, Gauntlets

Clothing:

Robe, Breaches, Epaulettes
Shoes, Hat, Sash
Braces, Helm, Cops

Jewelry Crafting:

3x Ring
2x Necklace
1x Ring, 1x Necklace

Alchemy:

1x Sip of Health/Stamina/Magicka/Ravage Stamina

Enchanting:

1x Glyph of Health/Stamina/Magicka

Provisioning:

Please, see above for the Alliance specific lists.

Updated on 22.09.2019
The following user(s) said Thank You garethsarge, RainbowZod, FroodMadeIt, Shardan4968, wubrix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jan 2019 21:10
Allan3136
Visitor
Visitor
Daily Crafting Writs Factory Guide #120548
Good advice for those who wish to do writs. I find with the treasure nodes and the supplies for doing the writs that you can slowly build up crafting materials. To help with crafting there are a couple of addons that will help:
my favourite is Dolgubons lazy crafter as it automatically does the crafting, opens the craft bags and will do writ vouchers
There are others such as craftstore and a few other individual crafter addons.

Hope this helps.

22 Jan 2019 21:19
Allan3136
Visitor
Visitor
Daily Crafting Writs Factory Guide #120550
Another reminder. Once your main has their main skills levelled up you can slot other skills when you hand in writs and they will level up.

22 Jan 2019 23:11
Watchdog
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Daily Crafting Writs Factory Guide #120555

Allan3136 wrote: Another reminder. Once your main has their main skills levelled up you can slot other skills when you hand in writs and they will level up.

Ah, yes, this is a good advice for any of your characters. Writs are also good to do during the events, while on the +100% XP event bonus, possibly even with one of the XP scrolls from the daily login rewards, so that your characters level up their crafting skills faster.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds