Alith Legion New Logo001

Crafters - networking thread

04 Mar 2014 21:11
Anvar Rathan
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38936
Looking at Crafting in Blacksmithing and Woodworking for my main Anvar Rathan (@anvar74).

Must say had some fun with Crafting in the beta (once I worked out how to everything works!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Mar 2014 21:50
Padhraigh
Visitor
Visitor
Topic Author
Crafters - networking thread #38954

Michel wrote: It is 1000, was kinda amazed when I saw it this weekend [...] Unless of course you get together with 9 other crafters and make a little crafting guild for extra bank-space, I'd be up for it

Edit2: can you make tabs in a guild bank? If you got 10 people in a guild and could make 10 tabs, that would mean a free 100 spaces for everyone ..... :cheer:

Now this is interesting, and another good idea. A sort of branching out into "Alith Crafters"? There are so many different crafting materials that take up alot of space in the "regular" guild bank and could possibly be a problem in the future. Aside from two weapons and two armor pieces, my personal bank is filled with the odd set of crafting materials (8 raw maple, 5 iron ingots, 3 dragons tongue, not to mention all the different runes and provisioning materials). That's 60 slots full. And then we have armor, clothing and weapons. So, I drop crafting materials into the guild bank since I don't need them.

Now, if 5 of us would drop the equivalent number of items into the Guild bank, thats around 300 slots gone simply from materials. 10 of us? 600. 15? 900 slots filled. The numbers run up pretty quickly. Not to mention the deposits from the rest of the Guild members. It may not be a problem now, but it sure could evolve into one rather soon. But this is something for Guild leader and officers to discuss should the need for a branching out arise :)

04 Mar 2014 21:56
Rauk
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38958
Isn't the guild bank going to be accessible by officers only when ESO goes live? If so I doubt we would want to be hounding officers to get stuff out for us constantly, so I guess this thread is useful in identifying other crafters to trade with.

On a side note there was a hell of a lot of junk thrown in the bank during beta, 1000 spaces seems a lot but as we all know inventory space is limited and fills extremely fast. Maybe only having crafting mats and items of a certain quality would be better although I'm sure the officers will let us now nearer launch.

04 Mar 2014 22:36
Padhraigh
Visitor
Visitor
Topic Author
Crafters - networking thread #38979

Rauk wrote: Isn't the guild bank going to be accessible by officers only when ESO goes live? If so I doubt we would want to be hounding officers to get stuff out for us constantly, so I guess this thread is useful in identifying other crafters to trade with.

On a side note there was a hell of a lot of junk thrown in the bank during beta, 1000 spaces seems a lot but as we all know inventory space is limited and fills extremely fast. Maybe only having crafting mats and items of a certain quality would be better although I'm sure the officers will let us now nearer launch.

You're absolutely right both in regards to bank space being filled and withdrawals. Not everyone will be able to withdraw from the Guild Bank as is stated by the Guild Rules. A good reason for why this sort of contact sheet can be useful, so the Guild Officers won't be hounded constantly with requests for withdrawals (yup, I'm the one that would be hounding :))

04 Mar 2014 22:52
Cad_Cal
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38992
Pfeil Blacksmith

04 Mar 2014 22:53
Muriele
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38993
I will be going clothier and woodworker.
ID = Muriele

04 Mar 2014 23:03
Unknown
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #39001
I guess we'll have to see how things pan out but I'm liking the potential of a 'crafters guild': space to store materials is going to be at an absolute premium but it could also de-clutter general chat-tabs (orders, requests for materials, hints & tips etc) & as I gather we can join up 5 guilds, I can't see many downsides! :)

05 Mar 2014 02:26
Belazarus
Administrator
Administrator
More
Crafters - networking thread #39088
Hi Everyone

Very useful thread, thanks for creating this Padhraigh.
I'll certainly be levelling cloth working, carpentry and alchemy.

Just to share a little extra info for you all. The guild bank indeed has 1000 slots (which is a lot more than previous MMO's we've been in). The way the guild bank works in ESO, is there are No "tabs". It works very much like your normal inventory - it automatically sorts them for you with "filters" that you can choose at the top of the screen. "Show Consumables" "Show Gear" "Show Materials" etc... So you can choose to view the "type" of loot you'd like to, using those filters. Other than that it's a simple List of items, no tabs. In Tera we never ran out of guild bank space and we had MUCH less space than ESO. It's true we were not as large as we are now, but I think we should wait and see how space turns out in the Live environment of the game.

Since items can stack, 1000 slots seems like an awful lot of space. Depending on the "size" of the stacks, 1000 slots could be pretty sufficient, but let's wait and see :)

One final thing I'd like to share with you all, is that the Officers are currently reviewing the "Guild Bank" section of our rules. Over the last betas we have seen the benefits and advantages of allowing members free access to the bank, but we are also conscious and very much aware of the risks it comes with too.

We are weighing out the pros and cons, and will let you all know soon of our decision on this.

I'd like this thread to not drift into a debate regarding the guild bank rules, because I don't want to undermine the great work Padhraigh is doing for us here - so let's keep this thread on topic, but I just wanted to share that info with you all :)

Can't wait to explore the crafting system in ESO, it's certainly refreshing from my last 2 MMOs (Tera and Aion) and great fun!

Regards
Bel

05 Mar 2014 06:13
Omega Dragon
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #39155

Padhraigh wrote: Omega, I might be off on research timers and you're probably right as to 1 hour in game = 1 hour research time countdown. Although, I had a feeling researching the critical resistance trait that the 12 hour countdown was ticking overnight, but it might be because I had waaay to many hours and suffered a major impairment of brain functionality as a result :)

Actually i mean... in SOME OTHER GAMES, they have the "ingame 1 day = 1 day RL" thingy (example: FFXIV: ARR,...). I was just daydreaming that i'd wish those "research hours" were meant in a time system like that... would only take 0.5-1 RL hour to get a research done ^^
In ESO, it's all RL time though... 12 hours research is 12 hours research... wether you're online or offline, sleeping or zombie mode,...
Sorry for the confusion.

PS: speedy recovery on that brain damage... :3

05 Mar 2014 06:43
Danzela
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #39158
Nice topic! My user-id is Danzel89 and I will be doing blacksmithing and enchanting on my main and provisioning on my alt. I plan on leveling and finding skyshards for my alt just enough to allow him to cook everything and not do much else :P Nice thinking about guild storage btw. If people are interested and it's ok for everyone, my main craft is blacksmithing so I could start "Alith blacksmiths" guild where just all blacksmiths from this thread would be inivted to and we could use bank just for those purposes with rights for all of us (as long as it works and everyone's fair) :)

05 Mar 2014 13:02
Angharad Enyd
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #39178

Belazarus wrote: Hi Everyone

Very useful thread, thanks for creating this Padhraigh.
I'll certainly be levelling cloth working, carpentry and alchemy.

Just to share a little extra info for you all. The guild bank indeed has 1000 slots (which is a lot more than previous MMO's we've been in). The way the guild bank works in ESO, is there are No "tabs". It works very much like your normal inventory - it automatically sorts them for you with "filters" that you can choose at the top of the screen. "Show Consumables" "Show Gear" "Show Materials" etc... So you can choose to view the "type" of loot you'd like to, using those filters. Other than that it's a simple List of items, no tabs. In Tera we never ran out of guild bank space and we had MUCH less space than ESO. It's true we were not as large as we are now, but I think we should wait and see how space turns out in the Live environment of the game.

Since items can stack, 1000 slots seems like an awful lot of space. Depending on the "size" of the stacks, 1000 slots could be pretty sufficient, but let's wait and see :)

One final thing I'd like to share with you all, is that the Officers are currently reviewing the "Guild Bank" section of our rules. Over the last betas we have seen the benefits and advantages of allowing members free access to the bank, but we are also conscious and very much aware of the risks it comes with too.

We are weighing out the pros and cons, and will let you all know soon of our decision on this.

I'd like this thread to not drift into a debate regarding the guild bank rules, because I don't want to undermine the great work Padhraigh is doing for us here - so let's keep this thread on topic, but I just wanted to share that info with you all :)

Can't wait to explore the crafting system in ESO, it's certainly refreshing from my last 2 MMOs (Tera and Aion) and great fun!

Regards
Bel

Thanks Bel :)

As we commented in the chat in game, one way to solve the bank access problem, is to get the guild store going!

In my case I began to advance in medium armour for a bit, but was cut short for lack of materials. I tried to get the mobs that dropped them in the first island, but were few and were constantly down by other players, also few drops from them.

So I went to the store, and nothing. I saw some hides in the bank, but that wouldn't help me (if I cannot give something to the person who deposited it, I am not for getting it) So please everyone in this thread, when unable to trade directly with other members, just post it in the guild store, I would be happy to purchase a lot of stuff.

Please, let's get this going. :)

05 Mar 2014 13:56
Padhraigh
Visitor
Visitor
Topic Author
Crafters - networking thread #39212
Well, I'm surprised there are so many crafters in the guild. Thanks for the enthusiasm and the interesting ideas. This bodes well! Updating the list right now.

@Bel,

Thanks for the info! Also nice to see more alchemists :)

@Omega,

oh, my apologies :) language barriers and what not...

@Unknown a.k.a Reeya ;)

I'm sure there are both downsides and upsides to everything, time will probably tell if changes need to be made in regards to guild storage policies aswell as branching out. Until then, I'm glad to see we will have plenty of group members to assist and have assisting us in leveling crafting. (and create some funky gear for our fellow guildies, check out Pfeils Bosmer armor here... gorgeous).

@Danzala,

It's a good idea with the alternates, but from the looks of it it's gonna take a looong time to level up the crafting skills. I had planned to create alternates simply for investing into the hireling skill of three separate professions, but I suspect the delivered materials will be leveled with that character and therefore useless for the main. We'll see :)

@ Angharad Enyd,

The guild store is a good idea. I do however suspect the item values will be changed by launch. Right now, they seem to be extremely undervalued when selling to vendors, so using the guild store could prove to be a very expensive strategy when it comes to basic crafting materials (if pricing is automated and not set by the seller). But we'll see. So much to find out and learn about ESO, it's amazing!

And finnaly - please, make sure you post your ESO User-ID. I'm bound to make mistakes when browsing the username thread in one tab, this thread in a second, and the "edit post" in a third. You guys probably won't make those mistakes :)

05 Mar 2014 14:45
Athravan
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #39228
I'm going to be focusing on clothing and enchanting. (@athravan)

I do plan on having all of them with alts though. Does anyone know if you make an alt and you craft stuff on your alt you can then send it to another character and it breaks down for more or does that recognise account made stuff?

05 Mar 2014 15:34
Inncea
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #39242

Padhraigh wrote:
And finnaly - please, make sure you post your ESO User-ID. I'm bound to make mistakes when browsing the username thread in one tab, this thread in a second, and the "edit post" in a third. You guys probably won't make those mistakes :)

My User-ID will be Inncea at launch, thats why I didnt write Hannah05. ;)

05 Mar 2014 16:09
Padhraigh
Visitor
Visitor
Topic Author
Crafters - networking thread #39272

Athravan wrote: I'm going to be focusing on clothing and enchanting. (@athravan)

I do plan on having all of them with alts though. Does anyone know if you make an alt and you craft stuff on your alt you can then send it to another character and it breaks down for more or does that recognise account made stuff?

Haven't tried it myself, but I would assume it would recognize items based on account. Pretty open to be exploited othterwise, but let's hope it works! I put your name under clothing and enchanting for now, let me know if/when you want it changed :)

Inncea wrote:
My User-ID will be Inncea at launch, thats why I didnt write Hannah05. ;)

Oh yeah, I saw this discussion on guild chat during beta (I think). Fixed, thanks :)

List updated.

05 Mar 2014 18:14
Nadyra
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #39324
I want to do all the crafts too startig with woodworkig and cloth on my main all the rest divided on alts .
The mats only stack to 100 then they start a new stack. User ID stays Nadyra

05 Mar 2014 18:53
dreadlius
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #39336

Danzela wrote: I could start "Alith blacksmiths" guild where just all blacksmiths from this thread would be inivted to and we could use bank just for those purposes with rights for all of us (as long as it works and everyone's fair) :)

great idea in principle how ever I have seen this abused on more than one occasion in previous games and have seen it destroy guild community's trust I have played with that's not to say it would happen here but indeed it does happen.

05 Mar 2014 18:54
Rhazmuz
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #39337
Personally I like the idea of crafters guild sections of Alith, should the 1000 slots of the main guild bank be too little. Anyway, I will follow whatever the officers deem the best way to facilitate this :)

05 Mar 2014 19:47
Mizar
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #39360
The game allow the ID to join 4 extra guilds.
If space is an issue,i would totally agree on making the #2 guild called "Alith Crafters" only,because if you start making one for all professions is too much and hard to handle;with just 2 guilds in total,Alith and Alith Crafters you get access to much more bank space. Hoping that the space will be enough within the 2 banks combined,an alt of one or more from the officer team,should run the "Alith Crafters" guild to monitoring it,avoid abuse and any kind of risks. A spreadsheet could be made with all the items listed as well and maybe update it every few days to keep track of it, even outside the game (although not essential).
Also,you can set deposit restriction on banks to keep more neat and easy to browse...let's say,on the Alith Bank just deposit runes,food,drinks,potions,basically consumables that mains use... and on the Alith Crafters one,materials and all sort of gear.

Anyway this is just my tiny 2 cents,i will follow what the GM and officer decide regardless :)

About my professions,i'll go for Clothing. ID = Mizar84

05 Mar 2014 19:54
Geraint_Ambrosia
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #39362
Blacksmithing & Enchanting on my main char

not sure on my 2nd char so far I plan to do

Clothing / Alchemy

ID: GeraintAmbrosia

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds