Alith Legion New Logo001

Crafters - networking thread

04 Mar 2014 15:20
Rhazmuz
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38805
Also, not sure if this has been posted somewhere, you apparently gain greater xp from breaking down items crafted by other players. SO personally, I will probably craft a decent amount of daggers of the various materials, and then put them in the guild bank so others can take them and break them down. Hope others will do the same, to increase progression in the various crafts! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Mar 2014 15:52
Padhraigh
Visitor
Visitor
Topic Author
Crafters - networking thread #38813

Rhazmuz wrote: Also, not sure if this has been posted somewhere, you apparently gain greater xp from breaking down items crafted by other players. SO personally, I will probably craft a decent amount of daggers of the various materials, and then put them in the guild bank so others can take them and break them down. Hope others will do the same, to increase progression in the various crafts! :)

Yeah, the difference in XP gain is way too large to be overseen. We can deposit items to the guild bank of course, but for those interested in power leveling crafting skills, it might be better to do individual trades than to make the occasional drop in the guild bank. Just a thought, we'll see how it works out.

You're on my personal list now btw, so be prepared for iron daggers come launch :)

04 Mar 2014 16:27
Jejd
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38830
100% enchanting, it's always proved super useful in all previous ES incarnations, and I will be incredibly disappointed if it is not so in ESO. As for a second craft, undecided between cloth or Alch.

Gonna try to level two with my char than endgame might try some of the others. I hope we have a bank tab for this sort of trading, maybe with a same in same our policy so people don't just take take take and give nothing back.

Padhraig correct me if I'm wrong, but do you get more for breaking down enchanted items?? If so enchanters could extract all your daggers enchant with low enchants (exp for them) and than redeposit in bank for another BS to dismantle.

04 Mar 2014 16:55
Padhraigh
Visitor
Visitor
Topic Author
Crafters - networking thread #38835

Jejd wrote:

Padhraig correct me if I'm wrong, but do you get more for breaking down enchanted items?? If so enchanters could extract all your daggers enchant with low enchants (exp for them) and than redeposit in bank for another BS to dismantle.

I don't really know how the bank tabs work yet, but a crafters tab in the guild bank is a great idea and would basically eliminate the need, or at least transform the purposes of this thread :) I'm not too sure how it works with enchanted items and XP gain. But higher level items = higher XP gain. I'm gonna make an assumption and say that enchanted items aswell as traited items would give more XP than unenchanted/untraited ones. If so - another great idea from you.

The easiest way to find out would be to compare XP gain in detail, comparing extracting from say a lvl 14 iron dagger vs a lvl 14 traited iron dagger vs a lvl 14 enchanted dagger vs a lvl 14 traited + enchanted dagger. I'll mail you some items next beta so we can research this a bit? :)

04 Mar 2014 17:25
Arin
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38849
I don't much like crafting and probably will ignore it at least at first. But I would gladly supply/gather for people who do. So maybe there could be information on the resource crafters are most in need of so I could collect/pass on useful stuff.

04 Mar 2014 17:40
alyssena
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38857
i think there will be a lot of crafters, so if possible you could just collect everything you find and put it in the guild bank? I know i ran out of herbs really soon in beta so those will probably be welcome :D

04 Mar 2014 18:05
Nimorea
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38871
yup, i plan to have every single craft maxxed out. i happen to love crafting:D

04 Mar 2014 18:17
Padhraigh
Visitor
Visitor
Topic Author
Crafters - networking thread #38875
Indeed, crafting materials or resources of all kinds will always be needed :) The idea of a "Crafting Tab" in the guild bank is a really good one. Crafting stones can be put there aswell, since they're kind of expensive in the long run and are generally looted in big numbers. Same goes for trait stones (opals, diamonds, rubies etc) that are just as common. I can only speak for myself but I looted plenty of tempering agents for the other professions. Also, being a compulsive horder, I gathered a lot of rune stones that I really didn't need.

So a crafting tab, if that option exists, would actually be a very good addition to separate crafted items from crafting materials. I suspect that the guild bank will be very cluttered otherwise.

Nimorea, you're not alone from the looks of it :)

The list is looking pretty good, fairly even distribution among the professions so far (especially with you crafting nuts that will go for Everything :)). Glad to see we can assist eachother to craft some good items for the guild and ourselves.

EDIT: Btw, with patch 0.18 they added more level appropriate loot, so you'll most likely find more worthwile crafting materials and extractable items in containters and on mobs. They also increased the amount of materials and items delivered by hirelings. Oh, sweet hirelings...

04 Mar 2014 18:27
alyssena
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38883
has anybody tried the hirelings yet? are they usefull or is it a waste of a nice shiny skillpoint?

04 Mar 2014 18:27
Inncea
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38884
I'll be doing Woodworking, Clothing and Provisioning.

04 Mar 2014 18:31
dreadlius
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38887
I'll be doing Woodworking, Clothing and Provisioning and Enchanting

ID:-dreadlius

04 Mar 2014 18:40
Cloudspine
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38902
Since the guild bank is mentioned here: does the guild bank have infinite space? Because the personal bank is limited and I'm just wondering about the guild bank.

04 Mar 2014 18:51
Rhazmuz
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38913

Padhraigh wrote:
You're on my personal list now btw, so be prepared for iron daggers come launch :)

Ohh my ;)

Sounds good, i foresee great amount of daggers in the near future :P

04 Mar 2014 20:05
MannixTheWall
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38925
Hey guys

I am a bit of a crafting fanatic so i will be Enchanting, Clothing and Woodwork.

04 Mar 2014 20:09
MannixTheWall
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38926
Also to add i tend to deposit items in the guild bank that are of high quality but second to my own weapon and armor set. As for the standard items i tend to sell them for money. So you guys can expect green and blue equipment in the bank. However i i will drop white equipments with enchantments added :).

As i can't really focus on blacksmithing i would appreciate any swords and single handed weapons for my second weapon set :)

Thanks in advanced.

04 Mar 2014 20:19
Padhraigh
Visitor
Visitor
Topic Author
Crafters - networking thread #38927

alyssena wrote: has anybody tried the hirelings yet? are they usefull or is it a waste of a nice shiny skillpoint?

I only invested 1 skill point in blacksmithing hireling and recieved three orichalcum ores on two occassions(without having a skill point that allowed me to use them). Either way, this would not have been enough to craft anything with that material. They will however increase the amount of materials delivered, at least according to patch notes on 0.18 patch. Not sure if they also change the materials recieved to match the level of your character skills.

Also, the lowest level of each crafting material seems to increase based on the material.

For example, with iron ingots (first tier) I can create items from lvl 2-14 where it caps. I can't remember, but I think steel (2nd tier) started somewhere along lvl 6, maybe 7 and upwards. Orichalcum, maybe lvl 11 and upwards? Don't remember exactly, but something along these lines.

All in all, hirelings will most likely be more useful, but you can't use the materials delivered unless you are at a character level and a crafting level around that of the material level. But you can still craft for higher level members of the guild. I hope that was clear :)

04 Mar 2014 20:22
Padhraigh
Visitor
Visitor
Topic Author
Crafters - networking thread #38928

Cloudspine wrote: Since the guild bank is mentioned here: does the guild bank have infinite space? Because the personal bank is limited and I'm just wondering about the guild bank.

Good question, I actually don't remember?

04 Mar 2014 20:41
alyssena
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38931

Padhraigh wrote:

alyssena wrote: has anybody tried the hirelings yet? are they usefull or is it a waste of a nice shiny skillpoint?

I only invested 1 skill point in blacksmithing hireling and recieved three orichalcum ores on two occassions(without having a skill point that allowed me to use them). Either way, this would not have been enough to craft anything with that material. They will however increase the amount of materials delivered, at least according to patch notes on 0.18 patch. Not sure if they also change the materials recieved to match the level of your character skills.

Also, the lowest level of each crafting material seems to increase based on the material.

For example, with iron ingots (first tier) I can create items from lvl 2-14 where it caps. I can't remember, but I think steel (2nd tier) started somewhere along lvl 6, maybe 7 and upwards. Orichalcum, maybe lvl 11 and upwards? Don't remember exactly, but something along these lines.

All in all, hirelings will most likely be more useful, but you can't use the materials delivered unless you are at a character level and a crafting level around that of the material level. But you can still craft for higher level members of the guild. I hope that was clear :)

hmmm thanks, i'll wait for next patch then before deciding if i'm going to spend skill points on hirelings :)

04 Mar 2014 20:48
Arin
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38933

Padhraigh wrote:

Cloudspine wrote: Since the guild bank is mentioned here: does the guild bank have infinite space? Because the personal bank is limited and I'm just wondering about the guild bank.

Good question, I actually don't remember?

I remember sseing a number - it was either a 100 or 1000. I thought 'ooh I wonder if I can have a personal guild to store stuff* so was probably 1000.

04 Mar 2014 21:00
Michel
Visitor
Visitor
Crafters - networking thread #38935
It is 1000, was kinda amazed when I saw it this weekend. And if I remember right, a guild needs 10 members before you can use the bank guild. So much to making a one-man-guild for "infinite" bank space :( Unless of course you get together with 9 other crafters and make a little crafting guild for extra bank-space, I'd be up for it :cheer:

Edit: link where I found the 10 members-rule http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-tips-tricks/
Edit2: can you make tabs in a guild bank? If you got 10 people in a guild and could make 10 tabs, that would mean a free 100 spaces for everyone ..... :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds