Alith Legion New Logo001

× Any discussion around events can be posted in here. Ideas, suggestions, feedback, etc..

Alith Legion Birthday Celebration

27 Feb 2018 00:31
RainbowZod
More
Topic Author
Alith Legion Birthday Celebration #114400
Dear Alith Legionnaires,

Next Sunday, March 4th, represents Alith Legion's 1st birthday! It may not feel like it, but it's been a whole year since we changed our name and we'd like to celebrate in true Alith Legion style. On which note, The Officer Team is delighted to invite you to...

:cherries: :cheer: :rainbow: The Alith Legion Naked Duelling Competition! :rainbow: :cheer: :cherries:

Competition rules are below, but if the thought of removing all your clothes and punching your fellow guildies to death somehow isn't your idea of fun, fear not- spectators are very welcome and the duelling will be followed by the announcement of the member awards winners and plenty of partying to celebrate. See here for more details on the member's awards and how to submit your nominations.

Expect an evening of duelling, dancing, death, despair, delight, domination and delectable cake!

[/size]
Naked Duelling Rules:

1. No weapons. This means your front and back bar slots will be empty and you won't be able to use any weapons skills.
2. No armour. All body pieces must be empty, and costumes and outfits should be removed.
3. Jewellery is allowed. You may wear 1 necklace and 2 rings of your choosing.
4. Skills are allowed. Weapon skills won't work (because you're fighting with your fists!), but you may use any other skills and ultimates e.g. class, guild or alliance war skill lines. Weapon swap is disabled when you don't have a back bar weapon, so you will only have one bar to use.
5. Fights will have a time limit. If neither duellist has died after the time limit the panel of judges will decide if one should be awarded the win (for example if they kept their opponent at consistently low health) or else it will be a draw.

The layout of the competition will be decided based on numbers, but most likely there will be a magicka and stamina categories split by level. Participants will compete in a series of rounds leading up to semi-finals and a grand final between the magicka and stamina winners.

Everyone is welcome to join the competition, whether you've been punching daedra to death your whole life or you haven't taken your armour off since the moment you stepped out of The Wailing Prison. No experience is necessary, every level is invited and the more duellists, the more fun for all :) If I've convinced you to join in, sign up here and select stamina or magicka participant (you can always change your mind later, and hybrids are fine too- just pick the closest). If you would prefer not to take up arms (fists?) sign up as a spectator instead, also here .The announcement of the Member Awards winners will follow after the duelling, so sign up to join the party too.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Gareth, Bella, Caroline, Red, Rani and Rainbow

The following user(s) said Thank You Mr_redhead, GohfiK~, bella_gloom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Feb 2018 09:54
Zaaroc
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Alith Legion Birthday Celebration #114401
Quick little comment about rule #1: Equipping a weapon (or a shield) in your right hand slot, whilst keeping your left (main) hand slot empty makes it so that you cannot punch at all :P So it'll be a trade off between higher weapon damage/defense and being able to punch.
The following user(s) said Thank You RainbowZod, Wolfkeks

27 Feb 2018 12:26
Dav3ywav3y
Visitor
Visitor
Alith Legion Birthday Celebration #114402

RainbowZod wrote: Expect an evening of duelling, dancing, death, despair, delight, domination and delectable cake!

Rainbow, dancing, and domination, all in the same post! A little overwhelming, there... :woohoo:

27 Feb 2018 22:40
RainbowZod
More
Topic Author
Alith Legion Birthday Celebration #114404

Zaaroc wrote: Quick little comment about rule #1: Equipping a weapon (or a shield) in your right hand slot, whilst keeping your left (main) hand slot empty makes it so that you cannot punch at all :P So it'll be a trade off between higher weapon damage/defense and being able to punch.

Thanks Zaaroc :) As we've now checked in game, punches do work while using an off-hand weapon, but the animation doesn't display. If I'd been thinking about this more carefully, I'm fairly sure Gohfik told me this a while ago and I'd simply forgotten... More testing incoming, then if necessary I'll update the rules to simply 'no weapons' so the spectators can enjoy a full on punching display.

28 Feb 2018 09:19
Carolineu
Visitor
Visitor
Alith Legion Birthday Celebration #114409
The 'Full on Punching' is a factor when I'm watching for sure! It would be hilarious if I got knocked through the air by someone, wish that could happen :lol:

28 Feb 2018 12:35
Dav3ywav3y
Visitor
Visitor
Alith Legion Birthday Celebration #114411

Carolineu wrote: The 'Full on Punching' is a factor when I'm watching for sure! It would be hilarious if I got knocked through the air by someone, wish that could happen :lol:

Aurora Javelin spam!!!

28 Feb 2018 12:35
Dav3ywav3y
Visitor
Visitor
Alith Legion Birthday Celebration #114412
Do poisons work on punches?

01 Mar 2018 14:19
RainbowZod
More
Topic Author
Alith Legion Birthday Celebration #114422

Dav3ywav3y wrote: Do poisons work on punches?

After spending far too long abusing my good friend Funnybones the Skeleton, I'm relatively confident poisons don't work on punches.

01 Mar 2018 16:27
Carolineu
Visitor
Visitor
Alith Legion Birthday Celebration #114425
Good to know, thank-you for the research Rainbow :cookie: :)

02 Mar 2018 07:54
Dav3ywav3y
Visitor
Visitor
Alith Legion Birthday Celebration #114430

RainbowZod wrote:

Dav3ywav3y wrote: Do poisons work on punches?

After spending far too long abusing my good friend Funnybones the Skeleton, I'm relatively confident poisons don't work on punches.

It's his own fault for trying to frighten somebody!

04 Mar 2018 03:29
RainbowZod
More
Topic Author
Alith Legion Birthday Celebration #114441
The rules have been updated to remove the usage of an off-hand weapon. This will allow punches to be visible for the enjoyment of the spectators and to make it easier for duellists to react to their opponent.

Sharpen your fists and get ready to fight - tomorrow is the day of the battle!! Um, I mean party...

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You Mr_redhead, bella_gloom, Raniana

04 Mar 2018 14:53
bella_gloom
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Alith Legion Birthday Celebration #114445
I hope many of you are gearing up (or would it be 'gearing down', hmm...) for our birthday celebration this evening!

Don't forget that after the nakie duelling tournament we'll be announcing the Alith Legion Member Award winners - woohoo! :heart:

So bring cake, wine, cherry blossoms, good spirits and be ready to party! :cherries: :reddragon: :cherries:

Only 4'ish hours to go!

The following user(s) said Thank You Mr_redhead, RainbowZod

05 Mar 2018 22:51
RainbowZod
More
Topic Author
Alith Legion Birthday Celebration #114481
I hope everyone enjoyed the celebrations yesterday! Thank you to all the brave participants who faced fire, fists and frostbite to provide such spectacular entertainment and thank you to all the enthusiastic spectators for coming along to watch, encourage and cheer the fighters throughout!

A hearty congratulations to the winner of our naked duelling competition:
:cheer: Zaaroc! :cheer:

A fierce combination of poison, claws and fiery earthquakes stunned, trapped and burnt through opponents, making for one unstoppable lion.

Congratulations also to the runner up: Thule666!
Goliath reborn with a mighty bear, a collection of nasty birds and a mammoth in tow- this orc smashed his way through to the final.

And an honourable mention to the other semi-finalist: Comtessa1 (and pony)!
The hearts and minds of the crowd were won over by the pony, but it was the pure power of lightning and destruction which staved off threats of draw to propel this sorc to the semi-final.

Congratulations to the finalists (your prizes are in the mail) and to all the fighters- there were brutal and bloody fights in every round.

As requested, the playlist of the evening (see if you can spot the subtle fighting theme running through):
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvHbbj34eLFvXO3NfNeZIpeURAwR8ML-C

It was a wonderful evening, and a pleasure to be there amongst such excellent company. Thank you all for coming along!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You SanneDK, Mr_redhead, garethsarge, Hrimhild, GohfiK~, Raniana, Cygnus, Carolineu, Wolfkeks, Susi_CH, stormbrewer, cool_frood88

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds